17 March 2010

1991 or 1992 New York Yankees postcard set

Thanks to a new eBay auction, it has come to my attention that there was a set of New York Yankees postcards issued in either 1991 or 1992 that has a Meulens in the set! I don't know if I want to pay $12 for the signed copy up for auction, but now that I know it exists, I can go hunting down the set.



Down in the bottom corner, it looks like it says SportsPrint Atlanta. A little Googling shows that SportsPrint Atlanta issued a minor league set for the Greenville Braves in 1994. More research is in order!

I knew the Yankees had postcards issued by TCMA in 1985 & 1986 (had to track those down for my Winfield collection), but I had no idea they'd done any in the early 1990s.


I've also recently learned that the Cubs issued black & white sets of photo cards each year for a long time, and sometime around 1994-1995, there was a Tuffy Rhodes issued with an Old Style beer logo on it. Alas, I didn't think to snag a picture of it while it was still up for sale. It seems these types of postcard/photo card issues are difficult to find unsigned (since that was their main function, to be signed at games).

--------UPDATE----------

Well, I offered $5 for it and got it, so I'll post a better scan of the reverse when it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment